Although the minivan is not the type of vehicle that is considered cool or sophisticated, it does have a lot of fans across the world, and especially in America. That is because minivans offer lots of other qualities that make up for what they lack in performance.
- They are extremely practical
- They can be used for various purposes
- And are most suitable for large families due to the spacious interior and high storage capacities they provide.
There are a lot of good minivans out there, and a lot of them are made by
- American car manufacturers,
- But there are some pretty quality minivans coming from some of the largest Japanese car makers such as Toyota and Honda.
- Toyota Sienna This minivan was first introduced in 1998, and customers have been so satisfied with it
- That demand for it hasn’t dropped for more than a decade.
- The 2013 model is fitted with a 3.5-liter,
- V6 engine, has a 6-speed automatic transmission
- And a front-wheel drive train.
- It’s a 5-door vehicle, with a 7-8 passenger capacity
- Featuring foldable second-row seats
- And storage areas underneath
- The dashboard and center console.
The Cargo Space
it offers is perhaps the highest among all minivans on the market, with an amazing 150 cubic feet if you fold the second and third row seats. As most minivans, it doesn’t have a very good fuel economy, with 18 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway. The 2013 Sienna is probably one of the most beautiful minivans, which along with the powerful engine and the generous cargo capacity it offers, makes it a pretty good purchase, and it can be yours for $26,585.
Dodge Grand Caravan
The 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan is more affordable than the Sienna, with a base price of $21,195, but has pretty much the same fuel efficiency, rated at 17 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway. It’s powered by a 3.6-liter, V6 engine, with 283 horsepower and 260 lo-fi of torque.
It’s a pretty stylish vehicle, it allows you to position the rear seats in a couple of different configurations, and it can seat a maximum of 7 passengers. Stability control and traction control systems are standard features, as well as side-curtain airbags, which makes it a very safe vehicle. The Dodge Grand Caravan may not be as roomy and as comfortable as the Sienna, but at this asking price, you’ll have difficulties finding something better.
The 2013 Mazda 5 is cheaper than the two previous minivans on this list, but it’s a high-quality vehicle, nonetheless. It has a starting price of $19,940, and a 21 mpg/city, 28 mpg/highway fuel economy, which is pretty satisfactory. It can comfortably accommodate up to 6 people in its three rows of seats, and has a 44 cubic feet storage capacity. It doesn’t provide such high performances as perhaps other, larger minivans do, as it has a 2.5-liter, 4-cylinder engine, producing 157 horsepower and 163 lo-fi of torque.
- The fact that’s it’s pretty small for a minivan
- Makes it easy to handle and control and you feel like you are driving a large sedan when sitting behind the wheel of the Mazda 5.